Ten Good Things on a Monday is a fancy meme hosted by Nice Nina @ Brush Up on Your Reading!
Here’s how it works:
Think of a particular group of good things you want to make a list on, does not necessarily have to be about books, e.g. your current book wish list, or your favorite book foods (you know, foods you love to eat while reading, if you’re like me), or your favorite girly names, whatever you can think of, as long as it makes you feel good.
- If you have no ideas for a list, you can always visit my blog post to check out my theme for that week and you can take a cue from my list.
- Post your list on your blog, grab that cute ARGH button above and put it on your post too, so we’d know you’re doing this meme.
- Leave the link for your post on my own 10 Good Things post for the week, if you see others doing it, comment too and let’s share our good things with everybody.
- Everybody goes through the whole week happy!
So today we are going to do 10 things to be thankful for because dude why not.
- BOOKS! I mean honestly I would be lost without my books! They are my sanity and sometimes my connection to the outside world lol.
- Friends and Family: I am going to put these two together because my friends ARE my family! I would be lost without them and they know it.
- Calendars and planners: I seriously have no memory since I had my tiny humans, so I lovingly refer to my planner as “my brain” it is decorated all pretty with stickers and everything but man if I did not have it I would have no idea where to be and when.
- Free WiFi: Again I am always reading, so you can imagine my data usage if there was no free WiFi. Between Instagram and chatting with my peeps I would be lost without it. I actually tried to go a day without my phone and I could not! Not because I was attached to social media or anything but more so because I have so many friends that live outside of the area that I only get to converse with through social media.
- Bookish Merchandise: oh my word! I love bookish merchandise and I need all of it! However it is so simple for a smell of a candle, a print of a certain scene, or maybe a saying on a bookmark could take you back to the perfect moment in a story that meant the world to you.
- Authors! Where would we be without the amazing authors that write the books we read. However they do more than that, well the good ones do. They take the time to come and see us at signings, or talk to us on social media. They make sure that we know they care about us as much as we care about them. It is amazing how loved and welcome I have felt by authors that I have met in person and online. It is astounding! I always though authors would have a very different personality, but most of them act just like us wives, husbands, mothers, etc.
- Thrift and used book stores. OH dear Lord this has saved me so much money (and got me around book bans)! There is nothing like the thrill of the hunt when you are at a thrift shop looking for books or when you find the entire Outlander series in almost pristine condition at Goodwill. That is better than skydiving for a book hoarder!
- My label maker I have OCD so my ability to be able to label everything while still putting it nice and neat in hide away drawers is amazing! Now if I could just keep my children out of it it would be amazing!
- Social Media now I know this is a rather odd thing to be thankful for, but I have met some of the most AMAZING authors and people through social media. If it was not for them I would have no idea where I would…probably still in my ya reading hole lol.
- Page flags. Any good reader knows what these are and lives by them!
Now is this everything I am thankful for….umm no! But when it comes to books and the reading world yes! I would be lost without all of these things.
Until next time,