Ten Good Things on a Monday is a fancy meme hosted by Nice Nina @ Brush Up on Your Reading!
Here’s how it works:
Think of a particular group of good things you want to make a list on, does not necessarily have to be about books, e.g. your current book wish list, or your favorite book foods (you know, foods you love to eat while reading, if you’re like me), or your favorite girly names, whatever you can think of, as long as it makes you feel good.
- If you have no ideas for a list, you can always visit my blog post to check out my theme for that week and you can take a cue from my list.
- Post your list on your blog, grab that cute ARGH button above and put it on your post too, so we’d know you’re doing this meme.
- Leave the link for your post on my own 10 Good Things post for the week, if you see others doing it, comment too and let’s share our good things with everybody.
- Everybody goes through the whole week happy!
Today I am going to do my 10 Favorite Book Quotes. As always not in order because honestly I can only pick my all time favorite and than all of them just mean something to me in some way or another.
1. “Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches.” ~ The Princess Bride
Come on! Who does not love the Princess Bride. It is full of so many bookish quotes but this one has to be the most impactful for me. It was only of the many quotes that I wanted to include in my wedding, but my husband vetoed them all lmao.
2. “We’ve all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That’s who we really are.” ~ Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Yea I needed to have a Harry Potter quote in here somewhere. I love this quote! It honestly reminds me that we all have good in bad in us, but we have a choice as to which part of us is going to lead.
3. “To the stars who listen— and the dreams that are answered.” ~ Court of Mist and Fury
If any of you also follow me on Instagram you will know this is one of my all time favorite quotes ever. I am actually so bad as I have gotten my kids to memorize it so we can add it to our night-time routine lol.
4. ” I want adventure in the great wide somewhere” ~ Beauty and the Beast
Yea I know this is actually from the movie but I really don’t care. This has always touched me to follow my dreams. To strive to be better and to never settle. It is what I want for my two tiny humans. It is actually one of the reasons Belle is my favorite Princess
5. “Fuss is reserved for sons.” ~ Girl of Fire and Thorn
First of all if you have not read this book please do so! This is such a girl power and inspiring book that I cannot understand why more people have not read it yet. I do not know why this has stuck with me for so long but it has. This to me is about being the strongest that you can, and being a woman does not mean you are lesser or deserve to be treated differently than the boys.
6. “Never say goodbye because goodbye means going away and going away means forgetting.” ~ Peter Pan
We are a military family so we move A LOT. We make it a point to never say good-bye every. We usually say see u later or see you soon. It has worked out pretty well for us. Yea we do not actually “see” everyone regularly but we still have Facebook and Skype so we all make and effort to stay in contact.
7. “In vain have I struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you.” ~ Pride and Prejudice
Oh man this is my all time favorite quote lol. Why is it so low on the list, because this is where it came up in the list of quotes I have written down lol. I absolutely am a sucker for a good romance and a enemies to lover romance is the best. So Darcy and Elizabeth are my model for life. I also love Austen so all her male and female leads have a special place in my heart.
8.“I’m quite illiterate, but I read a lot. ” ~ Catcher in the Rye
LMAO this quote is so funny. Just because you read does not make you smart, and just because you are smart does not mean you read. They are not mutually exclusive and they mean different things. I can tell you I am not the smartest person in the world but if you ask me something about a book I read I become the most articulate person in the world.
9. “Death is Peaceful, Life is Harder” ~ Twilight
Does this really need and explanation. It is always easier to quit than to keep fighting, but what is the reward in that?
10. “Stupidity isn’t punishable by death. If it was, there would be a hell of a population drop.” ~ Laughing Corpses
I love Anita Blake lmao.
Until next time,